TAA’s 2021 Conference Call for Proposals Is Open
TAA announces a Call for Proposals for its 34th Annual Textbook & Academic Authoring Conference which will be held June 18-19, 2021 in Indianapolis, IN. We invite the submission of presentations relevant to writing, publishing, and marketing textbooks and academic works (textbooks, academic books, journal articles, and monographs). Interactive, hands-on sessions are encouraged. The proposal deadline is October 7, 2020.
The conference will be held at the beautiful Conrad Indianapolis, a 5-Star hotel boasting a premier downtown Indianapolis location just two blocks from the capitol. A highly interactive event, the conference will be attended by authors and aspiring authors of textbooks, journal articles, and other academic works, as well as by industry professionals from across the country.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Time Management and Writing Productivity
- Promoting Social Equity in Textbook and/or Academic Authoring
- Publishing Industry Updates & Trends
- Navigating Copyright and Permissions
- Savvy Contract and Royalty Negotiating & Monitoring
- Marketing Your Works and Creating Your Brand
- Authoring in an Open Access/OER Environment
- Non-Traditional Paths to Getting Published
- Tech Tools to Enhance Your Works
Click here for detailed information on the selection process, submission guidelines, session formats, and the proposal form visit.