Submit a Proposal for the 2024 TAA Conference on Textbook & Academic Authoring
The Textbook & Academic Authors Association Conference Committee invites proposals for its 2024 Textbook & Academic Authoring Conference in Nashville, June 21-22, “Author Talk. Music to Our Ears.”
Presenting at TAA’s 2024 TAA Conference on Textbook & Academic Authoring provides an opportunity to share your knowledge, experiences, and ideas with other textbook authors, academic authors, and industry professionals.
The goals of this year’s program:
- Explore and exchange ideas on the future of the textbook and academic authoring and publishing industry, especially emerging trends like AI.
- Share successful writing tips and strategies and inspire you to complete your writing projects.
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in academic and educational materials.
- Sessions will take place in three different tracks: General, Textbook, and Academic. Preference will be given to sessions that incorporate innovative and interactive elements.
We welcome proposals from first-time and veteran presenters! The deadline for submitting a proposal is October 15, 2023 (Look for Call for Proposals link at top of site).
We’re looking for speakers/proposals for the following session titles/topics:
- Keeping your book alive/Coauthoring at end of career
- Transitioning from academic to textbook publishing
- Incorporating A.I.-generated materials into articles/textbooks
- Critical examinations of A.I.
- Advancing authorship in the digital realm
- Continuous courseware
- How to move into the world of public scholarship to extend your work (blogs, editorials, podcast, etc.)
- Supporting emerging writers
We’re also seeking sessions that help the novice author navigate the publishing world, sessions that teach new methods of time management and accountability, sessions on contracts, royalties, open access, self-publishing, and everything in between! Click on the link below and select “Call for Proposals” at the top of the page.
Join us in Music City for lots of “author talk” – music to our ears!
Learn how to turn up the volume on your textbook or academic writing at this annual conference that features General, Textbook and Academic Tracks, mentoring by veteran authors and industry professionals, and lots of networking opportunities!
Register early to take advantage of discounted rates and book your hotel room before we sell out.