6 Excellent blogs about academic writing
With all the demands on your time, you might think that you don’t have the time to read about your craft because you are too busy working on your craft. However, spending some time everyday reading about academic writing best practices, tips, and strategies can actually help you save time in the long run.
So that you don’t have to spend your valuable time searching for them, I have gathered together a list of 6 excellent blogs about academic writing:
- Explorations of Style. This blog by Rachael Cayley, a Senior Lecturer in the Office of English Language and Writing Support in the School of Graduate Studies at the University of Toronto, offers readers an ongoing discussion of the challenges of academic writing.
- ACW Blog. This blog by Academic Coaching & Writing has articles on several topics related to academic writing including plagiarism, book proposals, APA citations and references, and more.
- Tweed Academic Editing Blog. This blog by academic editor Katrina Van Heest, Ph.D., provides tips on research and writing.
- Get a Life, Ph.D. This blog, by Tanya Golash-Boza, offers advice that will help faculty balance life and work and attain a happier life on the tenure track.
- Literature Review HQ. The blog provides techniques for overcoming hurdles in writing a literature review.
- James Hayton, Ph.D. Blog. James Hayton, Ph.D., provides a guide to thesis writing and Ph.D. life.
Have you found other excellent blogs about academic writing? Share them here.