TAA announces its 2020 Summer Webinar Series
Two weeks from today, TAA will kick off its 2020 Summer Webinar Series with its first session on Friday, June 12th at 3:00pm ET. Spotlighting six sessions from our cancelled 33rd Annual Conference, we are excited to meet with you virtually to explore topics impacting scholarly writing, share ideas and strategies, and network with peers. Presented on Zoom, these webinars are designed to be interactive events. We hope you will join us!
TAA’s Summer Webinar Series Kick-off with Town Hall, Awards Ceremony, and Virtual Toast
Hosts: Laura Frost, TAA President, Professor, Florida Gulf Coast University; Robert Christopherson, Author of Geosystems
Date: Friday, June 12 | Time: 3:00 – 4:30 pm ET
The kick-off event will feature Robert Christopherson, our longtime conference opener who will start off this unique session by taking us through some Geo-Primer history and where TAA members have been, literally, for our conferences. Robert will bring his unique perspective and stunning photos to help us free our minds from the ‘stay-at-home’ blues.
Then we’ll move into a Town Hall discussion led by TAA President Laura Frost. We want to hear from you about your isolation, how your writing has been going, how you think things might change for your authoring in the future and other questions.
Finally, we’ll have an online Ceremony to recognize this year’s TAA award winners.
Registration for the kick-off event is open to everyone, so bring your family and friends and join us for an afternoon of taking stock, taking time with one another, and celebrating the excellent work of Textbook Award winners and individuals being recognized with TAA Council Awards.
At 2pm ET on Thursdays throughout June and July, TAA members will have the opportunity to continue learning from industry experts who were scheduled to present at the 33rd Annual Textbook & Academic Authoring Conference. These sessions are designed to be both informative and interactive, many with special features to engage participants in the virtual environment.
Scheduled sessions include:
- Writing Productivity Shouldn’t Be a Surprise: Think Through Your Summer Plan with Wisdom, Intention, and Truthfulness presented by Meggin McIntosh on June 18th
- Publishing Metrics: Understanding the Basics and Using Them to Your Advantage presented by John Bond on June 25th
- Why Textbook & Academic Authors Should Be Podcasting. Right Now. presented by Kevin Patton on July 9th
- A Crash Course on Open Access presented by Danielle Apfelbaum and Derek Stadler on July 16th
- 5 Things Your Royalty Statements Don’t Tell You presented by Juli Saitz on July 23rd
- Digital Is Coming for Your Textbooks presented by Christopher Kenneally on July 30th
For complete details or to register for these sessions, visit the 2020 Summer Webinar Series page on the TAA site.