Whether you are self-publishing or working with a major publisher, you will need to actively promote your textbooks and encourage faculty to adopt them. Traditionally, writers have taken book tours and given talks, but textbook publishers are unlikely to fund world travel. Why not offer a book tour online? Janet Salmons, PhD, author of Doing Qualitative Research Online and four previous books, did just that. While some “virtual book tours” simply place guest posts or advertisements on potential readers’ sites, Janet’s highly interactive approach includes webinars and online discussions with groups or classes.
Join us Wednesday, April 13 from 3-4 p.m. ET for the TAA Webinar, “Go on the (Virtual) Road to Promote Your Book,” where Salmons will share tales from the virtual road and steps you can take to launch your own tour, including:
- Determining appropriate types of presentations, materials, and/or guest blog posts
- Deciding what free resources you want to share, such as sample chapters or media
- Identifying potential sites and creating an agreement for your virtual visits
- Making online presentations that generate interest in faculty adoption of your book
- Promoting the tour to create more buzz about your book
This webinar is for TAA members only. Join today to participate!