Thank you for your interest in writing for the TAA Blog, Abstract. We welcome your tips, strategies and advice on textbook and academic authoring and publishing for our audience of textbook authors and authors of scholarly journal articles and books.
Topics: academic/scholarly writing, writing groups, textbook writing, time management, contracts, royalties, marketing, social media for academics, book proposals, coauthoring, copyright, ebooks, self-publishing, technology for writers, graduate student writing, dissertation writing, revision tips, publishing tips, academic publishing, textbook publishing, topic development, working with publishers, working with editors, writing technique (clarity, consistency, content organization).
Guest blog post submissions must adhere to the following guidelines to be considered for publishing on this blog:
- All guest posts must be useful to this blog’s audience of textbook and academic authors.
- Word count: 300-800 words.
- All guest posts must be grammatically correct and free of spelling errors.
- No guest posts may be self-promotional or include marketing links.
- All guest posts may include a 2-3 sentence author bio, which will be published at the end of the guest post. 1-2 links to the author’s website, blog or other branded online destination may be included in the bio.
- Please provide at least one image. Images from the web should be sourced with captions. They can be emailed as low-res images in jpg, gif or png formats. You may also embed videos. Provide the video embed code with your post.
- All guest posts must be original and cannot be reposted on your own blog. You are welcome to link to the article on our blog.
- No guest posts will be published that have already been published elsewhere online.
- Guest post submission is not a guarantee of publication.
Interested in writing a guest post? Contact Kim.Pawlak@TAAonline.net with your article idea.
Disclaimer: TAA retains the right to republish blog posts in any of our other publications, such as The Academic Author. TAA also reserves the right to decline to publish a submitted blog post for any reason, including duplication of recent topics, the need for significant rewrites, pieces that are self-promotional, pieces that are discriminatory or offensive, or if the topic doesn’t fit with our needs.